The pride of Gympie, The Amity Affliction, has scored their third consecutive number one album. This Could Be Heartbreak debuted at number one this week. Notably, this is the 14th local release to hit the top of the albums charts this year. This equals 2013’s record of the most Aussie number one albums in a calendar year. And it’s only August!
Human Nature’s Gimme Some Lovin’: Jukebox Vol. II, one of those chart-topping 14, has held steady at number three. Bernard Fanning’s newie Civil Dusk has slipped from number two to four this week.
Another previous number one, Ripcord by Keith Urban, is back on its way up the charts, climbing two spots to land at number six this week. So too is another chart-topper, Wings of the Wild. Delta Goodrem’s most recent release jumps three spots to sit at number eight.
Meanwhile on the singles charts, Illy’s single with Vera Blue, “Papercuts,” has dropped one spot to number five this week. Betty Who’s debuted at number nine with her take on Donna Lewis’ ‘90s smash, “I Love You Always Forever.”
Here are this week’s top 10s.
Top 10 Albums
1. This Could Be Heartbreak – The Amity Affliction
2. Suicide Squad: The Album – Soundtrack
3. Gimme Some Lovin’: Jukebox Vol. II – Human Nature
4. Civil Dusk – Bernard Fanning
5. 25 – Adele
6. Ripcord – Keith Urban
7. Blurryface – Twenty One Pilots
8. Wings of the Wild – Delta Goodrem
9. Lemonade – Beyonce
10. This Unruly Mess I’ve Made – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Top 10 Singles
1. “Closer” – The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey
2. “Let Me Love You” – DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber
3. “Cold Water” – Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber and MO
4. “Heathens” – Twenty One Pilots
5. “Papercuts” – Illy feat. Vera Blue
6. “Perfect Strangers” – Jonas Blue
7. “Treat You Better” – Shawn Mendes
8. “Alarm” – Anne Marie
9. “I Love You Always Forever” – Betty Who
10. “This is What You Came For” – Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna
Published by Lauren in: News
No comments to “The Amity Affliction Score Third Number One Album in a Row”
If you like this blog please take a second from your precious time and subscribe to my rss feed