The wonderful Lara over at Crooner Culture tagged me for this meme, so I thought I’d play along. I actually did the same thing over at The Sydney Traveler some time ago, so for the benefit of everyone that reads both my b5media blogs I figured I’d even come up with seven new secrets. So here goes!
1. Patrick Swayze was my first celebrity crush. I saw him in Dirty Dancing when I was just eight years old and was just blown away.
2. I just became an aunt for the first time when my sister had a baby girl. I’ve never really been a baby person, but I’m besotted with Lily.
3. I attended my first concert when I was just 12 years old. It was Jimmy Barnes at Newcastle’s Civic Theatre during his Soul Deep tour. I still love Jimmy’s soul covers.
4. I have visited exactly two foreign countries: the United States three times (once on a high school trip and twice to visit my husband when he lived there), and Fiji for my honeymoon. I’d love to travel more!
5. I have been a checkout chick, a motorcycle journalist, and an education writer. Now I’m incredibly happy being a freelance writer and writing about all kinds of interesting things!
6. I have control freak parents. I remember being so frustrated in my teens because I wasn’t allowed to go shopping with my friends. It didn’t get much better when I got older – I was the only twenty-something I knew with an enforced bedtime! Needless to say, when I moved out of home I had a lot of late nights!
7. I am a bit of a technophobe. I’m much happier using a film camera than a digital one, and I’ll always prefer CDs over MP3s.
Now I’m supposed to tag seven people to join in. I’ll pick Dave at Brit Music Scene, Jeanne at Celeb Tots, Sammi at Conchord Crazy, Mary Jo at Fly Away Cafe, Devorah at Big Apple Music Scene, Roberta at Ear Sucker, and Arjun at the Good Musician.
Image source: own photo