AC/DC’s Black Ice is sitting pretty at number one on the ARIA charts. It wasn’t just the biggest selling album of the week. It’s actually the biggest selling album of the year! In fact, it could have gone number one based on New South Wales sales alone! Who said people aren’t buying CDs anymore?
The boys from Acca Dacca led the charge in a week dominated by Aussie album sales. It’s almost as if the recent ARIA Awards reminded local music fans just how good Australian artists are! Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu’s album Gurrumul shot from number 27 all the way up to number three this week! Also scoring a massive jump, The Presets went from number 19 to number four with their album of the year, Apocalypso.
Six-time ARIA-award winner Gabriella Cilmi was back up at number seven with Lessons to Be Learned, just edging out a stellar debut from Kate Miller-Heidke. Her newie Curiouser is sitting at number eight.
It was a different story on the singles charts though, with Jessica Mauboy the lone Aussie cracking the top 10. When you’re only bested by Kings of Leon and Pink, it’s a fair effort! Jessica’s platinum selling single “Running Back” is sitting at number three.
Click below for the complete ARIA top 10!
Top 10 Australian Albums
- Black Ice – AC/DC
- Only by the Night – Kings of Leon
- Gurrumul – Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu
- Apocalypso – The Presets
- We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things – Jason Mraz
- Death Magnetic – Metallica
- Lessons to be Learned – Gabriella Cilmi
- Curiouser – Kate Miller-Heidke
- The Fame – Lady GaGa
- Breakout – Miley Cyrus
Top 10 Australian Singles
- “Sex on Fire” – Kings of Leon
- “So What” – Pink
- “Running Back” – Jessica Mauboy feat. Flo Rida
- “Hot N Cold” – Katy Perry
- “Just Dance” – Lady GaGa feat. Colby O’Donis
- “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz
- “Womanizer” – Britney Spears
- “That’s Not My Name” – The Ting Tings
- “Electric Feel” – MGMT
- “All Summer Long” – Kid Rock
Image source: Amazon